Friday, February 1, 2008

Laughter

When Natalie laughs, my heart melts. It is hard to describe the amazing feeling that overwhelms you when you see your young child laughing with delight because she found something (nobody else really knows what) hilarious. Being a parent is many things, but the joy of it far outweighs any other aspect of the role. Watching Natalie laugh, "dance", or just have fun running away from us is so much fun!
This morning before I went to work, she was walking through the living room with a toy in her hand and she just stops and points her right hand emphatically at the ceiling and stares at it for a while. Jamie and I were just kind of watching and trying to figure out what she was doing when she just sort of snapped out of it, pulled her hand down abruptly and started galloping away in her awkward half jog.
I can't imagine life without her. I know for a fact that I am not that fun or entertaining! Anyway, I just appreciate my daughter like crazy right now and wanted to make that known.

No comments: