Monday, November 17, 2008

Moving

I don;t know how the pendulum has swung so far to this side of things, but alas, here we are. I lived in the same house with my family from the time I was born until I went to college. We never moved once, and I didn't even have to move out of my bedroom. Since going away to college, I have lived in 9 different places. Since Jamie and I have been married, we have lived in 6 or 7 (depending on who's counting) different places in a little over 4 years. Now...we are moving again. Thankfully this will not involve hundreds of miles, a new town, and a new job - but it is still a lot of work nonetheless.
On top of the move in the next few weeks. We got rear ended last week and Jamie is still in a significant amount of pain (back and neck), she is sick with a fever for some reason, I have a horrible head cold that feels like my head is giving birth to a water buffalo, we have to try and get the car fixed, Jamie just started working again, We have a 7 week old daughter who is not good at sleeping, and we have an almost 2 year old daughter who is decent at sleeping but makes the days challenging since she is now learning boundaries. So between very little sleep for more than a month, a daughter pushing the limits on just about everything, and feeling horrible, we are pretty stressed out.
Such is life sometimes I guess. I am just glad that I love my girls so much. There is nobody else that can drive me so crazy and yet make my heart melt and laugh the next moment.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Jeff, we will be praying for your family during this trying time. Where are you moving to?
We are praying that the Lord heals your bodies, heals your car, and gives you energy to deal with the challenges of your children.
I know he will.

Anonymous said...

As someone who just made an in-town move, I can understand where you are...somewhat. I don't have the newborn yet, but I understand the stress and pressure. I think I just got done with the massive stressball that was my life about a week or so ago. It lasted for about a month or two.
Anyway, all that to say, I'm sorry you are stressed out and know that Erin and I are praying for you and your family.

rev rock said...

Just moved with a three month old...good times! Hope you guys start feelin' better. We miss your family. Hope all is well.

Anonymous said...

So I left this comment the other day, but for some reason, it didn't post.
As one who done with an in-town move not too long ago, I can empathize. Although, I don't have a newborn yet, I understand the stress that you can be under. My stress-filled time didn't finish for over a month, but hopefully you it won't take that long for you.
Just know that Erin and I are praying for you and your family and wish the best for you.

mrs.fitz said...

i described dealing with young children to a non-parent as something like living with people who have bi-polar disorder...you will laugh and cry mutiple times in one day!