Thursday, May 14, 2009

Anomalies of Parenting

Why is it that when kids get to bed later than normal, and are more tired than normal, they seem to sleep worse?

How does Natalie hear me so accurately when I mumble something (sometimes not appropriate) under my breath, but she fails to hear me speak the words "no" or "stop" when she is right in front of me?

How do my girls test every last piece of my patience and yet manage to completely melt my hear with one look or sometimes a few words?

How can someone so small and seemingly helpless teach me so much about myself, life, and what is important? I thought I was supposed to teach them?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hear you about testing your patience and then melting your heart. Elijah can spend the ENTIRE DAY in a constant temper tantrum fit and then turn around and giggle and suddenly I forget about the last 8 miserable hours.