Friday, December 14, 2007

Pain

Pain is interesting. I have lived with almost constant back and neck pain for several years now and for the most part I think that I deal with it ok. I have been realizing though, that it affects me more than I admit sometimes. It can significantly influence my emotions and my outlook on life at times. Pain is also interesting because it can be easy to compare my pain to someone else's and try to tell myself that mine is nothing compared to theirs - and it is true. But even though others may be in more pain than I am, it does not take mine away. I think someties we have so much pressure to be "strong" and have it all together so we just ignore or "medicate" the pain in our lives whether it is physical or emotional pain. Something I have been learning though, is that we have to be honest about our pain if we want it to be dealt with. Unless we admit that we have needs, nobody can help us. Much more can be said on this topic, but I just wanted to express that I am in pain. It doesn't mean that I am weak, or that my pain is even close to the pain many other people feel, but nonetheless, I am in pain. That's all...just thought I would be honest about what's on my mind.

No comments: