Tuesday, December 30, 2008

It Just Keeps Coming!

So I guess God really wanted to bless me with a serious winter since I haven't had a "real" one in almost a decade. I keep telling Jamie that this is not normal and that she does not need to worry, but the snow just keeps on coming every couple days and we just keep breaking one record after another!

So my last blog was written after a few inches of snow fell. Well that first storm was a record breaker in that it dropped almost 20 inches of snow in a 24 hour period to register as the highest in a 24 hour period since they started keeping records here in 1893. the storm didn't stop after 24 hours though and we accumulated over two feet. We then got a break long enough to shovel our driveways before the next round of snow hit. A couple days later, we broke a record for the coldest temperature on record at this time of year with -18 degrees Fahrenheit (-28 Celsius), which drops to a wonderful 30-35 below with the windchill factor. It did begin to warm up after that, but the snow hasn't really stopped for longer than a day. After yesterdays 9+ inches, w have broken another record for the most snowfall in one month with 59.7 inches as of yesterday! That is almost six feet of snow in December alone and we still have another storm coming in the next day or so before the month ends!

I have definitely enjoyed the snow and had a blast playing in it with Natalie. Jamie is enjoying it when she doesn't have to drive anywhere. I have a few pictures from the first big storm and I hope to get more soon, but I have been busy shoveling our driveway and our roof (to prevent collapse) in my spare time. As of yesterday, I had to climb on top of the pile I have shoveled next to our driveway and shovel the top of it down further because it gets hard to throw a shovel full of snow any higher than about seven feet up, which is where the pile is right now. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...


Think I am exaggerating...here's the proof - http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2008571893_spokane30m.html




No comments: