Thursday, April 3, 2008

The Love Of My Life




Marriage is a wonderful thing. Somehow our culture has managed to get pretty mixed up, and marriage is often viewed as a burden, or something to be dreaded. Don't get me wrong, marriage has its hard times for sure, but it can be such a place of life and love too if we work at it. But before I get caught up divulging my thoughts about marriage in general, let me get to the real reason for this blog post - my wife.

Jamie is an amazing woman! We have been married for 3 years, 8 months, and 17 days now. In that span of time, we have lived 6 different places, been in three countries whose governments were being threatened or overthrown, finished our Master's degrees, had our first child, had several illnesses and hospital visits (I have any way), and I have had four different jobs. We are still in the midst of another major move and job change, while she is pregnant with our second child! Honestly, that is enough to keep 8 or 10 years of marriage interesting, but we have packed it into less than 4 years!

In the last 15 months (since Natalie was born) Jamie has probably had 5 nights of good sleep - no exaggeration. Usually she probably sleeps 4-6 hours, and sometimes more, but not all at one time. Yet she still manages to love me, encourage me, and love Natalie like crazy!

Jamie is a gentle woman with great strength and courage. She might not tell you that, but one has to have great strength and courage to live the life we have lived and to marry a guy like me. Jamie is caring and incredibly intelligent. I honestly cannot ever remember her being rude to someone or mean to someone.

Maybe the most important thing for me is that she loves me. I don't mean that she has strong emotions for me, but that she chooses to love me. She has shown me love in some of the most challenging and painful times of life and she chooses to see the good in me. What I am trying to say, is that I REALLY love and appreciate my wife!

3 comments:

Dana said...

Oh Jeff what an incredible blog! And man do I miss Jamie even more now. She really is a rock of a woman who is forever loving people!

Unknown said...

Isn't it amazing the gifts God gives us when we follow Him?

I can see, first hand and without you writing this blog, what an incredible wife and mother Jaimie is. She is definitely a great example to me and I have really enjoyed getting to know her better over the last few months!

Erica said...

I agree you have a pretty amazing wife. You guys are an awesome family and we will miss you all. I am glad we get to keep up with your family on your blog.