Wednesday, April 30, 2008

She wants to be a beet farmer

Jamie and I have recently gotten a little bit attached to the TV show "The Office". It is slightly ironic since many of my coworkers at my last job really loved the show but I had never seen it. Thanks to Jamie's sisters (and their husbands) that changed though.
So recently we were watching the episode where Dwight turns the family beet farm into an agri-tourism destination (complete with table making demonstrations and manure fights). This blog really isn't about the TV show though, it is about Natalie. The day after watching that episode, Jamie and I were still laughing about it a bit. As we were talking, Natalie walked up to us babbling her own words and deep in a conversation that we could not interpret. So when she stops, we said, "Oh really. Do you want to be a beet farmer Natalie?" Natalie then cocks her head slightly to the side looking thoughtful and replies "yeah" in the cutest 16 month old voice you can imagine.
I admit, we may be the only ones amused by that, but but it is just one of the many ways that having a young child can be so fun, funny, and entertaining. Thanks for the laughs Natalie!

3 comments:

Kari said...

I can imagine her voice saying that!! So cute.
Pajai says hello and we miss you!! I'm so glad to hear that you are all so very happy! How has the sleeping been for all 3 of you?

Unknown said...

I don't think there is a more hilarious person in your life than your child.

I love how they can totally make you laugh.

btw- We recently got into the Office too!!!

Anonymous said...

It's good to see you're raising your daughter right. There is much wisdom in beet farming...