Monday, November 12, 2007

A Beginning

To be honest, I am not sure why I am writing this at all. I have no intentions of sharing this with anyone at this time and I have no idea if I will be able to update this with any regularity. I guess I just want to express some thoughts and share things as I think of them. I often have grand ideas of journaling regularly and recording things from my life, but I end up only getting around to it every 4-6 weeks and then I feel overwhelmed as if there is so much to process, catch up on, and write about. So my personal disclaimer is this - I do not plan to be regular about posting on this blog, though it would be nice if I approached regularity.

Really, I simply desire to record some thoughts so that I can look back at this period in my life and remember with some degree of accuracy the things that I was thinking about, the things that were happening, and the things that moved me in some way. Hopefully, as my daughter Natalie grows up (and as we possibly add to our family) it can also provide some means for reminiscing and reflecting upon the journey that is our lives. Eventually I may share this with others to hear their thoughts, reactions and critiques as well. It may turn out to be a more public even after all, but for now we will beging this journey quietly. Maybe all of that is just a fancy way of me trying to say that this will be my version of a scrapbook, but let's be honest - a scrapbooking man isn't too well received so we must blog instead.

The title is pretty self explanatory - "Thoughts Along The Way". As I said, this will serve as a random record of my thoughts as I progress through life. I suppose only time will tell what will come of this blog but for now I will just say this - Welcome aboard all you phantom blog readers!

No comments: