Sunday, March 2, 2008

Doing What's Best...I Hope

Nothing too profound right now. There has been a lot of sickness going around the area, the school, and even my family. Given that it has been pretty severe this year, I have been happy to not be affected by it much. I have had a slight cold, but that is all. For some reason, it hit me this afternoon. Achy joints, headache, exhaustion. So instead of going to the Stirring tonight, I am staying home to rest. 
Maybe that seems like no big deal, but it was a hard decision for me. Since I will be moving to Spokane in a few weeks, I have few opportunities left to go and appreciate the one church that I have been excited about in the past few years. I am just hoping and praying that if I get some good rest tonight, I can get over this quick and head it off before it gets bad. Just trying to do what's best, but what's "best" isn't what I want right now.
Since I hinted at the topic, let me just say a few words about the Stirring right now. The Stirring has been a breath of fresh air for us the past 8 months. Sure, it is an in perfect group of people imperfectly following Jesus, but they know that. It is a place where it is okay to be imperfect, the goal is simply to follow Jesus, not to be "good" or do all the right things. It has been a blessing to us as we have been able to connect to others in our life group as well. While the Stirring is not a mega church, it is big enough to kind of get lost in at times. Life groups though, have been a great way to keep people connected. I would guess that the Stirring has a higher percentage of participation in life groups / small groups than any other church I have ever been a part of in my life. It is so refreshing to see small groups emphasized and promoted so strongly. I don't know, there is so much more I could say, but maybe I will dedicate an entry to my appreciation of the Stirring when I feel a bit better. I think it is just more clear to me now since I will soon have to say goodbye to that group of people and begin the process again of trying to connect with a group of believers who so strongly emphasize trying to follow Jesus with our lives and with the way we connect to others. 

No comments: