Thursday, March 6, 2008

Two weeks and counting...

Two weeks from today I will be driving up to Spokane. It will be a long, quiet drive since my car does not have a radio of any sort and it is about 850 miles. I guess it will give me some good time to think and pray about things. The drive is not the part that I dread though. I have made the drive several times and I do enjoy the different landscapes between Redding and Spokane. The part that I am not looking forward to is saying goodbye to my wife and daughter.
Jamie joked the other day that I would actually get two weeks of good sleep while I was up in Spokane without them. That may be true, but I think I would rather have them around, even if Natalie wakes up several times a night and Jamie has a hard time sleeping because she is pregnant. It will be a challenging transition, and actually the longest amount of time I have been apart from Jamie since we have been married. Needless to say, it will be tough.
It is all kind of surreal at this point in time, but we have seen God open so many doors for us so far that I am excited to see what he continues to do. God has called us to an adventure, and he rarely lets us know how things will work out in the course of that adventure, but it always seems to be just right. So while I am a bit overwhelmed with only two weeks left, I am also excited to see what is next...

3 comments:

thelains said...

we love you guys

Unknown said...

"God has called us to an adventure, and he rarely lets us know how things will work out in the course of that adventure, but it always seems to be just right."

Jeff, I love how you put it, because it is EXACTLY what following God feels like. Exciting, and terrifying all at once. And just when you wonder how in the world you will survive, He finds a way to surprise you and give you just what you need at just the right time.

Your family is in our hearts, and prayers.

Kari said...

I'm going to miss you guys so much!!
Thanks for coming over tonight!