Friday, March 21, 2008

A fitting welcome

Yesterday I drove from Redding, CA to Spokane, WA in about 12 and 1/2 hours. for those of you doing the calculations, yes, I did speed a little bit, but only in the high desert of northern Oregon where there are no cars for miles around. the trip went really well other than the brief blizzard I ran into that caused me to miss a turn and get about 45 minutes off track. Otherwise though, it was great.
Today I signed some paperwork for my new job, met a few of the people I will work with, and tried to reacquaint myself with Spokane a bit while looking for a place for us to live. The best part of the day though was the wonderful surprise when I woke up. It was snowing hard here and there was probably 4 inches of snow already collected from the night. My car barely made it down the street this morning in all that, but thankfully it was being driven by an expert!
Right now I have an incredibly intense headache and I am exhausted. hopefully I will be able to sleep with all this pain. Tomorrow the search for housing resumes.
I miss my wife. I miss my daughter. They say that absence makes the heart grow fonder...my opinion is that absence just makes the heart ache.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you made it safely up there. How cool that you got to experience snow. I am praying that the Lord opens up an amazing house for you and your family to live in!

Kari said...

We miss you too! Mondays are not the same with out the Williams!!

Hey, what is your email address?